Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Excellence in Legal Research Program
Prepare. Practice. Succeed.
The Law Library Faculty at Texas Tech University School of Law offer a fully online, nationally-recognized extracurricular program in legal research. The Excellence in Legal Research (ELR) Program provides students hands-on training in the skills, sources, and strategies they will need to perform effective legal research throughout their legal careers. In order to meet the requirements of the Program, a student must complete six required online courses and a minimum of four elective online courses.
Students can begin the fully online, asynchronous program as early as the second semester of their first year of law school. Classes are offered every semester, as well as during the summer session.
This site is designed to provide information on the ELR Program.
- Registration & Semester Course Schedule contains information on the program requirements, the current semester class schedule, and the course offerings for the current academic year.
- Curriculum outlines the course names, numbers, and learning outcomes for the courses offered in the program.
- Faculty provides information on the Law Library Faculty who teach in the ELR Program.
- Class Sign-ups in Blackboard includes detailed instructions to assist in signing up for ELR classes on Blackboard.
- FAQs provides information on other frequently asked questions.